The Board of Directors is responsible to the membership of Call to Safety for the sound fiscal and program management of the agency. As an ambassador to the community, the Board of Directors strives to support and promote Call to Safety’s mission to end domestic and sexual violence by providing confidential support services and education to empower our community.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Monitor the agency’s fiscal and program operations to ensure compliance with government statutes and binding agreements.
- Select, work with, and evaluate the Executive Director who is in charge of the day-to-day operations.
- Provide active support for the fundraising and other resource development activities of the organization.
- Participate in long-range, strategic planning for the agency.
- Evaluate and develop policies and procedures governing the agency.
- Uphold the By-laws, policies and philosophy of Call to Safety as established by the membership
If you believe everyone deserves a life free of domestic and sexual violence and have skills you’d like to channel into making a difference, consider joining the Board of Directors at Call to Safety. Serving on our board is a great way to gain nonprofit and leadership experience while sharing your expertise with an organization that supports survivors. Our goal is to ensure the board reflects the wide range of people who seek our services. We highly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, young people, survivors, and low-income people to apply.
Before joining the BOD, prospective members are invited to have a conversation with two existing BOD members, attend a board meeting, and then submit an application. Download the Board Member Job Description for more information about what it means to be a board member for Call to Safety.
If you would like to join Call to Safety’s Board of Directors, please email your interest firstname.lastname@example.org