Do you have old cell phones lying around? Make a difference in our community! Call to Safety collects cell phones and distributes them to survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Survivors are able to use these cell phones to call 911, allowing immediate help at the touch of a button. Call to Safety also recycles used cell phones. All profits and proceeds are used to fund services for survivors accessing Call to Safety.
If you have a cell phone you would like to donate you can mail it to:
Call to Safety Cell Phone Project
P.O. Box 42610
Portland, OR 97242
or you can drop it off at any of the following locations:
- First Tech Credit Union, 5860 NE Cornell Road (Near Orenco Station)
- Whole Foods – Tanasbourne, 19440 NW Cornell Blvd.
- In Other Words, 8 NE Killingsworth
- Portland Music, 123rd & Division
- PSU, Women’s Resource Center, 10th & Montgomery, basement of Montgomery Hall
- Riverview Community Bank, 10401 NE Halsey Street
- Southwest Community Center, 6820 SW 45th
- Whole Foods – NW PDX, 1210 NW Couch St., [Customer Service Desk]
- We’re currently seeking cell phone donation drop-off sites in Beaverton. Please let us know if your business is interested! Email email@example.com for more information.
If possible, include a wall charger and any working batteries with your donation. To protect your privacy, we recommend you remove all personal information from your phone before making your donation.
All cell phone donations are tax deductible. If you would like an acknowledgment of your donation for tax purposes, please include a piece of paper with your name and contact information.
If you have any questions about the cell phone program, you can call the Call to Safety Business Office at (503) 232-9751.